Ponicode TypeScript Types Support Recap
This page is updated on a quarterly basis.
You will find the list of all TypeScript types supported by the Ponicode VS Code extension as well as the one you should expect for release in the coming months.
Last update 01/04/2021
We consider that types are supported by Ponicode when they fulfill the following criterias:
- Ponicode can reconstruct the types
- Ponicode can suggest values for the types
- Ponicode can write the tests containing the types
- Basic types (number, string, undefined, boolean, null, arrays, object)
- Interfaces without method
- Simple type alias
- Nested type alias
- Type alias with method
- Literal types
- Utility types (Partial, Required, Read-Only, Nonnullable, Parameters, ConstructorParameters, ReturnType, InstanceType)
- Classes without nesting
- Nested Instances
- Classes with static Constructors
Not yet supported but on the next quarter roadmap
- Interfaces with method
- Utility types (Record, Pick, Omit, Exclude, Extract, ThisParameterType, OmitThisParameter, ThisType, Uppercase, Lowercase, Capitalize, Uncapitalize)
- Interfaces with keys which are not hardcoded
This is an ongoing product development for Ponicode and your help and feedback is key to our roadmap.
If there is a type that we didn’t take into account but really matters to the success of your unit testing journey you can send a message on our Ponicode Slack on the #feedback channel
If there is a type on our roadmap that should have a high priority according to you please ping us on #feedback about it
If you encounter any issue with the supported type please shoot us a message on #help
We hope that you are going to enjoy our Typescript support to build your unit tests.